4TH ANNUAL CANINE SUMMER SPLASH
View 2014 event photos here.
2014 event video coming soon!
MAKE-UP SESSION FOR SESSION 2 (BIG DOGS) IS ON! JOIN US SAT 9/13 FROM 12:00-1:30PM FOR MAKE-UP SESSION AS REQUESTED!
On Saturday, we had record turnout at our Canine Summer Splash, welcoming 306 dogs and about 600 humans to the Sumner County YMCA pool! The event raised more than $3,000 net profit for the YMCA's nonprofit "Learn to Swim" program for kids.
The first and last sessions were gorgeous, but our "big dog" session in the middle got stormed out halfway through. We did allow those folks to come back for the third session, but some could not and some did not know that was the plan. Therefore...
THE MAKE-UP SESSION FOR SESSION 2 (BIG DOGS) IS ON! JOIN US SAT 9/13 FROM 12:00-1:30PM!
Even though the YMCA technically made up this session at the end of the day, we realize that there was quite a bit of confusion during the storm, and not everyone was told to return at 2pm. Due to the confusion about the rain plan at Canine Summer Splash, and at our request to make things right for all of our guests, the Sumner County YMCA has agreed that they will host a rain date make-up session this coming Saturday 9/13 from 12:00-1:30pm to make up for the second session (big dogs) which was rained out halfway through.
We are excited that Nashville Veterinary Specialists will be back to host the Pet First Aid Tent for this special make-up session.
WHO CAN ATTEND:
1) If you attended the second session for big dogs, which got rained out, and did NOT return for the make-up session at 2pm, please come back to enjoy a free make-up session. Please bring back your re-admission ticket that was issued when the event was cleared. (If you did not receive one, or have lost it since, then you will need to have the staff look up your waiver form as proof that you attended.)
2) If you attended the second session for big dogs, but DID come back at 2pm to finish it off: You are welcome back, but since you already used your re-admission ticket and completed your session, you will need to purchase another $15 cash per dog ticket for the session. Once again, you will need proof of rabies tag or certificate and we'll need to check to make sure your waiver is on file. (This will help offset the YMCA's cost to re-host this session, including many hours of pool cleaning all over again!)
3) If you did not attend the big dog session at all, due to the weather looking bad or because you otherwise could not make it, you are welcome to join us with your big dog (over 25 pounds). The cost is $15 cash per dog. Once again, you will need proof of rabies tag or certificate and you'll need to sign an event waiver. Tickets and waivers are given at the entrance.
The weather forecast shows that the temperature may be quite a bit cooler than last week, so humans may not want to take the plunge, but it will still be enjoyable for the dogs! However, please note that we of course CANNOT guarantee that it won't rain again! Regardless of the weather, this WILL be the LAST session of the year; if bad weather once again affects the make-up session, it will be unfortunate but we will not be able to make any more up as that is simply out of our control and the YMCA needs to close their pool. So purchasing a new ticket is at your own risk; no refunds and no make-up sessions after this.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions or if this is not clear to you, please email email@example.com or call (615) 474-5710.
Hosted by Nashville Paw magazine and the Sumner County YMCA
Proudly sponsored by The Farm at Natchez Trace
Saturday, September 6, 2014
LIGHT RAIN OR SHINE (In case of storms, will be moved to 9/13)
Sumner County YMCA Outdoor Pool (Fully Fenced, Walk-In Pool Entry)
102 Bluegrass Commons Blvd in Hendersonville
Tickets are $15 cash per dog, per session and are available for sale at the ticket booth the day of the event. Swim sessions are as follows:
10:00am - 11:30am: Dogs under 25 Ibs
12:00pm - 1:30pm: Dogs over 25 Ibs
2:00pm - 3:30pm: Open swim, all sizes
PLEASE be sure to read our admission requirements and events rules below before attending.
Vendor Info: Click here for vendor / sponsor application. Limited food truck and vendor space is available and fills early, so reserve your space today!
Last year, our annual Canine Summer Splash welcomed nearly 300 pooch pals with their people to enjoy off-leash swimming, splashing and playing in the fully-fenced, walk-in outdoor pool at the Sumner County YMCA! This is Middle Tennessee's first and original open dog swim, and it's growing in size and fun every year! The event helps Nashville Paw magazine to remain a free community resource, and supports the Sumner County YMCA's "Learn to Swim" program for kids.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVENT ADMISSION RULES & REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
Click HERE to view 2013 event photo gallery
- Swimming and splashing in the zero-entry pool and spray fountains
- Fully fenced pool area offers off-leash running and playing
- Fabulous vendors, fun contests and more
- Dogs MUST wear current proof of rabies vaccination to be admitted
Event Rules: Please Read Before Attending
No more than 2 dogs per handler, and dog handlers must be at least 18 years old. All dogs must wear proof of current rabies vaccination on their collar. Dogs will not be admitted without rabies tag and no refunds will be made if turned away.
While handlers are welcome to get in the pool with their dogs, other guests and children are asked to remain on deck for the safety of everyone. Children under 18 are not permitted in pool.
No female dogs in heat or puppies under 3 months old.
Any dog who exhibits any sign of aggression or who is not under the voice control of his handler must immediately leave the premises. No refunds will be issued. All dogs attending must be friendly with dogs and people, sociable and well-mannered.
By participating in the Canine Summer Splash, you assume full responsibility for your dog and understand that Nashville Paw magazine and the YMCA of Middle Tennessee are not liable for any injury or loss to pets and/or people resulting from your participation in this event. This is an off-leash event where dogs will be running and swimming, so for the safety of everyone, we strongly suggest leaving small children at home.
No refunds issued for any reason. Event will take place in light rain, but in case of storms, event will be rescheduled to storm date listed above.
Canine Swim Safety
We HIGHLY SUGGEST that you read our article on canine water and swim safety before attending this event. Thanks!