Internships at Nashville Paw Magazine
Love animals? Want to work behind the scenes of Nashville Paw magazine? Join our team and help us grow our animal welfare mission and pet publication!
Are you passionate about animals? Are you friendly, outgoing, spunky, creative and fun while simultaneously rocking a highly-motivated can-do attitude? Do you have any fabulous skills such as marketing, public relations, writing, editing, administrative experience, event work, sales or other helpful talents?
We’re looking for an awesome animal lover who can have fun while working hard for a great cause, so if you are looking for a creative way to help animals while gaining some great experience, listen up! Whether you are a college student looking for school credit, or just an animal lover with spare time on your hands that can be put toward a vital cause, we want to hear from you!
Nashville Paw is seeking interns to help us grow our publication and our animal welfare mission. More hands on deck will mean more love for the animals in our community!
Interns will work 15-20 hours per week and will complete a variety of tasks, such as:
- Magazine production to include research, editing, proofreading, writing, subscriptions and more
- Organizing and staffing our fun promotional booths and events
- Various office and administrative tasks
- Social media updates and community outreach
- Special projects to further our growth (such as lining up new distribution locations, PR, marketing)
- And, all interns will work to complete a special portfolio project within their field/major or area of interest (ie, an article for writers, ad designs for graphic designers, etc.)
While our internships are unpaid, you will receive great experience with a fast-growing publication that reaches 50,000 readers for a worthy animal cause. Plus, if you If you are a junior or senior level college student, we are happy to work with your college to offer you school credit.
While we accept interns from any college program, we are especially interested in juniors and seniors majoring in one of the following concentrations:
- Advertising / Sales
- Communications / Journalism
- Entrepreneurship / Small Business Management
- Graphic Design / Web Development
- Marketing / Public Relations
Our internships offer flexible work schedules. While much of our internship work is conducted on-site at our home office in LaVergne, TN we do allow some work to be completed offsite. In addition, some work may take place on weekends at local events and fundraisers. (Please note that our home office is also home to our three rescued dogs, so please only apply if you are totally comfortable with being around dogs and if you don't mind wearing a wee bit of dog hair home.)
How to Applyt:
Please review our Internship Packet and then email us with the required info at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be scheduling interviews soon.
Thanks for your interest in joining "Team Paw"!